Llipta powder is used to achieve optimal effects on the consumption of coca leaves and extract from them the active and stimulant substances.
Flavorless Llipta Powder softens the astringent taste of the coca leaves and helps to activate its alkaloids. The alkaline component, usually kept in a pumpkin (ishcupuro or poporo), can be done by burning limestone and burning the stalks of quinoa or the bark of certain trees. It can be called llipta, tocra or mambe depending on the geographical zone.
How to use
Chaqchar, piqchar or acullicar (terms of Andean languages) is the act of introducing coca leaves in the mouth mixed with an alkaline element called llipta. By forming a bolus, which is held in the backside of your mouth, slowly extracting the active substances and stimulants.
- Spread a group of leaves in your hand.
- Also adjust them so that there is no free space in between the leaves.
- Sprinkle some llipta powder in the middle.
- Roll the leaves and the llipta tight into a ball form.
- Locate the leafy ball in the back side of your mouth using your molars to chew it down slowly.
- Suck in the juice and spit the dry leaves after 15 minutes.
Here’s a quick video that can serve you as a guide.